10 TIPS TO GET YOUR SMILES READY FOR THE SILLY SEASON!
1. Ladies, choose your lipsticks carefully! Reds with an orange tint can make your teeth look
more yellow, while a bold red can make your teeth look whiter
- Switch to white wine or bubbly instead of reds
- Limit any food with heavy, bright colour, e.g. beetroot, curries, berries. Think “white diet”!
- Crunchy foods such as apples, celery and carrots can help ‘exfoliate’ your teeth, eliminating plaque deposits which contribute to staining, and increasing saliva flow to wash it out.
- Have some water after your coffee to ‘wash’ it out of your mouth and away from the teeth
- Cut down on coloured drinks such as Fanta,Coke and dark juices – otherwise drink through a straw to avoid them coming into contact with your teeth
- Chew gum for 20 minutes after eating – produced saliva will help to wash out any food particles that may stain teeth
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss nightly. Whitening toothpastes can be used twice a week to help reduce any staining
- Visit a dentist for a professional clean, which will remove most stubborn stains.
- Consider professional tooth whitening with your dentist – nothing will work as well as this!
|SANTA HAS COME EARLY TO ELWOOD DENTAL GROUP!
Receive a Home Bleaching Kit for 1/2 price of $200 when you book in for dental treatment prior to Christmas. Contact us on 9531 6387 for an appointment and don’t forget to mention this special offer!