Once again we find ourselves in the middle of a COVID lockdown, and with it come certain restrictions on dental procedures that can be carried out at our clinic. We can still see you for any urgent dental treatment, but how can you avoid such emergencies in the first place?
- Practice good oral hygiene – brush twice a day and floss daily. This will remove plaque and food remnants, reducing the chance of gum inflammation and cavities
- Watch what you eat – avoid sugary, sticky foods and drinks, especially at snack time – replace chocolate, chips, lollies and cake with veggies, fruit, yogurt, cheese, milk and nuts. This will reduce the chance of getting a cavity, strengthen your enamel, and stop you from piling on those kilos at the same time!
- Use your teeth for chewing, not as a tool. Your teeth are not designed to open plastic packets and bottles, many cracked teeth could have been avoided just by being sensible!
- If you grind at night, protect your teeth by wearing a night guard. If you are clenching during the day try to be more aware of it and teach yourself to stop.
- Don’t delay dental treatment. Even if you start to experience minor dental pain don’t delay calling us and attending to the problem. It’s much easier (and cheaper) to fix it early on than to wait until it becomes a complicated dental procedure.
Not sure if we can see you during the latest lockdown? Give us a call on 9531 6387 for further information.