5 WAYS TO A WHITER SMILE
Have you been noticing that your teeth are staining and becoming darker over time? Here are 5 ways to get them whiter!
1. Cut back on coloured, dark foods and drinks. We all know that smoking, coffee and red wine stain our teeth. You also need to look out for substances like turmeric, curries, heavy soy sauce, berries, beetroot, coloured drinks such as Fanta and cordials. Whiter diet = less tooth staining
2. If unable to brush straight after eating, have some plain water to wash the coloured foods/drinks out of your mouth. Chewing sugar-free gum also helps as it produces more saliva, which helps to lift any food remnants off the teeth.
3. Home whitening – this simple procedure involves wearing custom-made clear, thin trays filled with bleaching gel over your teeth. It takes 30-40 minutes a day, for around 14 days to get a great result. Easy to control and to top-up/reuse whenever you feel the teeth discolouring again. All you need to do is to come in for a quick appointment with your dentist to have the moulds for the trays taken.
4. Clinic whitening (Zoom) – done in the clinic within 60-90 minute appointment, so you get your result on the spot! Special barriers are applied by the dentist to protect your lips and gums from the strong bleaching gel that is used in conjunction with a blue ‘laser’- like light. End-result is equivalent to 2 weeks of bleaching at home. Great option prior to a special occasion, such as a wedding, party or Melbourne Cup!
5. Maintain your whitened teeth – your teeth will discolour again with time – white colour can be maintained with home whitening kit that is used for a couple of days 1-2 times a year, a whitening pen which applies a thin layer of gentle bleaching gel directly to your teeth and whitening toothpastes such as White-Glo.
Until the end of 2017 we are offering a $50 cash-back offer on Clinic Zoom whitening, together with a free home touch-up kit worth $100.
Contact us on 9531 6387 or email@example.com for an appointment or to see which one of the whitening options is suitable for you.